BRAD NELSON
69 Bolton Street BOBCAYGEON, ON K0M1A0
Mobile: 705-738-2110 Email BRAD


Listing Notification



Port 32 - Kawarthabrad.info


The evolution of combining freer time with exceptional comfort has been refined to meet the needs of today’s active retirees.  Bobcaygeon is home to many successful lifestyle communities, Victoria Place, an amenity enriched waterfront estate community, the Edgewater Condominiums, a community of environmental excellence that received wide spread rave reviews as well as design recognition from the housing industry were both the brain child of Frederick Reynolds a local developer .

Port 32, combines all of the Mr. Reynold’s previously acquired knowledge and understanding in lifestyle communities and implemented a combination of new ideas with breathtaking natural landscapes. The result is a new standard in 21st century lifestyle prominence.

Who would have ever imagined a property of this magnitude with natural forests and shoreline beauty could exist only two blocks from the main street of one of Ontario’s most popular and quaintly attractive communities.

Fate prevented an old family estate from previously selling this land. Only because of its release, this dream, Port 32, has come true.

The growth and development of Port 32 has been with a focus to maintain this wonderful environment while adding homes and amenities for the enjoyment of Port 32 residents.

Lifestyle Community

Port 32 is not "just another subdivision", nor is it lots and houses with a few unattended and unemotionally mandated amenities.

Port 32 is a carefully orchestrated community where your pride, health, participation and presence is nurtured, enjoyed, maintained and respected. From the early planning conceptual days to the day the last key is turned in the final residence, a concerted effort has been made to assure a total lifestyle concept. The 6 kilometers of groomed nature trails that wander throughout the project are accessible from all forest estate properties which ultimately lead to the attractive waterfront parks: the Port 32 Yacht Harbour or even the ultimate in activity areas – The Shore Spa, the social hub of Port 32.

Location Advantages

An obvious and tremendous advantage of Port 32 is its geographical location.

Due to the marvelous highway system, a trip to Toronto and back makes for a fun outing. A drive to Lindsay is simply minutes away and Peterborough is not much further.

If you choose the nautical approach you can literally sail from your dock to Georgian Bay or even Florida. The value of this location is further enhanced by its position on the Trent Severn System.

By foot, Port 32 is but a couple of blocks to Bobcaygeon’s active and thriving commercial core which borders on the Trent Canal locks system allowing more boats passage from lake to lake than any other lock on the system.

Hospitals can be reached within minutes and paramedic style provincial ambulances safely whish those who require a visit to the hospital in most efficient method.

Shopping in the Kawarthas is a popular pastime and the latest fashions are often featured in advance of city showings.

Cultural activities are most abundant with live theater featuring headline artists, and art studios are prevalent since the natural beauty of this area has attracted many recognized artists.

Varying and exciting residential styles have be introduced to make Port 32 the ultimate leader in lifestyle living. The following is an index to allow your mind to dream in this lifestyle residential realty.

Welcome to a whole new world of residential appeal.  Port 32 is a unique blending of outstanding residential craftsmanship with extra ordinary architectural landscaping which together create an obvious new standard of living.

Naturally treed lots allowing winding limestone rock ledges to elevate and picturesquely frame your home in a fashion never before achieved.

The sensitivity of this combination is what has established the Port 32 forest estate lots as a “classic” with timeless appeal and natural ability to endure and become statelier as time itself allows. These fine properties will easily distinguish themselves a truly “estate quality”

Various sizes of residences address budgets of different means. The sizes however, have no influence on the commitment to quality, as these remains consistent

All residences re-establish fine craftsmanship as well as incorporate state of the art technology beyond today’s common expectations.

The forest estate homes are further complimented by a groomed 6 kilometer parkland trail network to which walking, biking and cross country skiing will be available at your doorstep.

As an added bonus, the trails lead the residents to various spectacular amenities such as Watergarden Point, Shore Spa and the Port 32 Yacht Harbour. The environmental amenities in fact add to the pleasant social integration of the many alike people wo are all sharing in the pride of Port 32.

Homes of Renowned Quality!

The beauty and security of the homes of Port 32 are in most part due to the unusual care and inspection that is carried out during construction.

On top of excellent poured concrete foundations are quality beams, joists and tongue-and-groove plywood floors which support 2”x6” outside wall studding with superior standards of insulation which are further enhanced by a thermal blanket of taped Glass Clad on the total exterior. By the way quality plywood on roofs, walls and floors is the order, not chipboard!

Architecturally selected and co-ordinated colour packages for the exterior elevations of each home feature a clay brick with many outstanding decorator finishes offering a more stylized finish.

Maintenance-free top line endurance colour-clad and more often full depth casement windows on each level, front, rear and sides of all homes.

Port 32 homes provide estate features such as custom designed brick courtyards as standard to further complement your terrain to assure you of that custom appearance.

The description, “elegant composure” best typifies the residence of Port 32. Viewing each home, from various vantage points, identifies the care given to property orchestration and landscaping. Each elevation of every residence demonstrates the care of proper planning plus consistency of unusually high quality of workmanship and materials.

Upon closer examination, the effort given to the detail supports the claims, that Port 32 is a truly unique lifestyle community. It would be difficult to find other projects that would dare to compare to the quality of Port 32. This special care offers short term and long term pride.

North American lifestyle residential communities will certainly have to stretch to reach the overall amenity enriched concept of Port 32.

Port 32 is known as a leader in superb residential, environmental and landscaping innovative excellence, as well as a leader in outstanding social and recreational year-round amenities.

Shore Spa was designed to the activity hub of Port 32. The parkland trail network that abuts most properties leads you to this spectacular facility which rest on the Shore of Pigeon Lake.

Port 32 benefits substantially due to the activities based functions centre operating  all year round for the healthful and social enjoyment of those who wish to participate.

Out for a casual stroll, cross country skiing, swimming, boating or actively involved in the sports facilities, the Shore Spa will indeed be a fun and enjoyable spot to relax and socialize.

Tennis courts are well built and modern, allowing tennis buffs and beginners alike an opportunity to play.



 


  • Communities

  • The following is a list of all the former incorporated villages, unincorporated hamlets and communities, and existing or abandoned rural post offices left desolate by the start of rural mail delivery.
  • Ancona Point - Ancona Point, Ontario is located in the former Township of Verulam, Ontario within the city of Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, Canada, and lies on Sturgeon Lake, 8 kilometres (5 mi) along County Road 24 south-west of Bobcaygeon, Ontario. This stop on the former Canadian Pacific Railway was to have been called Scotch Line, but, after a disagreement between local residents, the completely unrelated Ancona Point was chosen as the station name. Scotch Line Road, which travels south from Ancona Point to Ontario Highway 36, retains the originally mooted name.
  • Argyle
  • Aros - For several years, a post office existed, named Aros, adjacent to the St. Mary's site. The post office was established in December 1866 by its first postmaster, Charles McInnis, who had the office named after his birthplace in Scotland. Mail was delivered every two weeks to and from Kirkfield. The service was discontinued in 1872, when the Toronto & Nipissing railway established a station in Victoria Road and a post office was built there. Aros remained open for another 12 years, before shutting its doors on April 1, 1884.
  • Avery Point - Avery Point is a long spit extending into Dalrymple Lake that has a road to one side, and cottages to the other. This means every property has water on both sides, because it is a dead-end road, the traffic is minimal. The waterfront is a narrow stretch of gravel and small stones with a shallow walkout to the water that deepens gradually.
  • Baddow
  • Baker Trail
  • Ballyduff
  • Barclay
  • Bellevue
  • Bethany - Settled in 1856, Bethany was named in accordance with the Biblical names of surrounding communities. Nestled amongst rolling hills, this community of 1,500 features The Ranch Resort, Devil's and Elbow Ski Hill, the William Design Studio and quaint bed and breakfasts. With the vast rolling hills the scene is set during the Fall when the leaves begin to change, the roadways are dotted with spectacular shades of orange and red, the perfect setting for a fall colors drive. The Bethany Post Office was built in 1875, and is one of the oldest restored Post Offices in Ontario.
  • Bethel
  • Birch Point
  • Bobcaygeon - A popular destination for those in search of recreation and relaxation, the downtown core is actually located on an island. "The Hub of the Kawarthas", with a population of close to 3,000, is also Lock 32 on the Trent-Severn Waterway. The name of the town is derived from the Native word "Bobcaygewanunk" meaning "shallow rapids" or "swirling rivers around islands". 
  • Bolsover - Bolsover is a village located south of Canal Lake, on the Talbot River, in the city of Kawartha Lakes. It is west of the village of Kirkfield on County Road 48. Bolsover is home to the Western Trent Golf Club, a popular golf destination.
  • Brunswick
  • Burnt River - Originally called Rettie's Bridge, and later renamed Rettie's Station after the railway was built. Local legend has it that in the 1920's a fire razed through the whole town and there were 18 miles of 'Burnt River' after that the town formerly known as Rettie's Station became known as 'Burnt River'.
  • Burnt River is nestled along the river's shore and was named by Simon Moor who ran the first Post Office there.  Burnt River has also been acknowledged by one of Canada's most renowned Adventure Canoeing authors Kevin Callen for its breathtaking canoe routes. Many cottagers and residents alike enjoy the tranquility of nearby four mile lake. The Victoria Rail Trail passes through this settled community of 150.
  • Burton
  • Bury's Green
  • Cambray
  • Cameron - Reaching back to rolling farmland from the shores of Sturgeon Lake, Cameron was named after Duncan Cameron, one of the areas earliest landowners. With a population of 200, Cameron borders the Ken Reid Conservation Area and lies along the Victoria Rail Trail as well.
  • Camp Kagawong
  • Campbells Beach
  • Coboconk - Coboconk is the highest point of navigable fresh waters in the world. Balsam Lake (Rosedale) is the Summit of the Trent Severn Waterway with a height of 256.3 meters. Balsam Lake is highest point in North America in which you can circumnavigate the world. This was confirmed by Roger Stanley the Kawartha sector manager for the Trent Severn Waterway. When speaking with Roger he mentioned that this was common knowledge among his colleagues. This was later enforced when visiting the Trent Severn Waterway Lindsay Lock Station when a lockmaster was also aware of this fact. There is no documentation this proves this about Balsam Lake, there is however a map distributed by the Trent Severn Waterway that provides a profile of each lock stations elevation above sea level. By looking at the map it is evident that Balsam Lake is the highest point of the Trent Severn Waterway, and more importantly the highest point in North America where you can circumvent the world.
  • Corson's Siding
  • Cowan's Bay
  • Crawfords Beach
  • Cresswell
  • Crosshill
  • Cunningham's Corners
  • Dalrymple
  • Dartmoor (ghost town)
  • Daytonia Beach
  • Dongola - Dongola is an unincorporated community in the Canadian province of Ontario, located within the single-tier municipality of Kawartha Lakes at the intersection of Kawartha Lakes Road 45 (Monck Road) and Road 42 (Base Line Road). The former post-office village contains several households and no businesses. Today, Dongola is all but a ghost town. The site resembles any nearby rural area, surrounded by farmland and forests, with no signs of a centralized built-up area. The Dongola post office was opened on 1 June 1900, occupying three postmasters. It remained in place until 2 November 1936, when the nearby Coboconk post office established a rural route through the village.
  • Downeyville
  • Dunsford
  • East Emily
  • Eldon
  • Fairburn Corner
  • Fee's Landing
  • Feir Mill
  • Fell Station
  • Fenelon Falls - Fenelon Falls, Ontario  was established in the mid 1800's,  the railway line only came as far as the Village by 1874, it was the last stop.  In order for the railway to through Fenelon Falls and continue north, the village incorporated out of the Township of Fenelon Falls therefore in 1874 the Village of  Fenelon Falls became incorporated.
  • Fenelon Falls is justly proud to be known as "The Jewel of the Kawarthas" since it is located in the centre of the City of Kawartha Lakes. The Falls themselves pour into a limestone gorge known to locals as the Fenelon River. Formerly called Cameron's fall after Duncan Cameron, the village was eventually renamed after Abbe Fenelon, a missionary to the area's First Nation Peoples. Lock 34 on the Trent-Severn Waterway system, this town of close to 2,000 features a quaint downtown core that is steps away from the limestone gorge connection Cameron Lake and Sturgeon Lake.
  • Fingerboard
  • Fleetwood (ghost town)
  • Fleetwood Station
  • Fowlers Corners
  • Fox's Corners
  • Frank Hill
  • Franklin
  • Gilsons Point
  • Glamorgan
  • Glandine
  • Glenarm
  • Glenway Village
  • Grasshill
  • Greenhurst-Thurstonia
  • Hartley
  • Head Lake
  • Hickory Beach
  • Hillhead Corners
  • Horncastle (ghost town)
  • Isaacs Glen
  • Islay
  • Janetville - Hugging the shores of Lake Scugog, this peaceful community  was named after Janet McDermid, the daughter of the owner of McDermid Saw Mills, in 1832. The Janietville area attractions include Wolf Run Golf Club and the Pigeon River Headwaters Conservation Area.
  • Joyvista Estates
  • Kenedon Park
  • Kennedy Bay
  • Kenrei Park
  • Kenstone Beach
  • Keystone Beach
  • King's Wharf
  • Kinmount - Kinmount is located on the Burnt River for which the village was originally named. Geographically the village of Kinmount is on the fringe of three counties including Victoria (now City of Kawartha Lakes), Peterborough County and Haliburton. As well it touches Somerville, Galway, Snowdon, and Lutterworth Townships. The name Kinmount originates from Kinmount, Scotland, located near the fringe of the Scotland/England Border.
  • Kinmount provides the perfect backdrop for outdoor enthusiasts year-round, whether it is canoeing, kayaking, snowmobiling or x-country skiing.  
  • Kirkfield - Scottish for 'Church', the name of this town reflects the pious nature of the original settlers whose Protestant work ethic built the solid brick houses that line the Main Street of the town Sir William MacKenzie called home. With a population of 250, Kirkfield's size is dwarfed by its charm. Kirkfield is home to the second highest lift lock in the world, Lock 36 on the Trent Severn Waterway.
  • Lake Dalrymple
  • Lancaster Bay
  • Lifford
  • Linden Valley
  • Lindsay - Originally knows as "Purdy's Mills", the town was eventually named for the assistant of one of the first surveyors, John Houston. Known as the gateway to Kawartha Lakes, Lindsay, with a population close to 17,000, prides itself on its rich culture and heritage. Beautifully maintained city parks, the winding Scugog River, a variety of entertaining events, and one of the widest Main Streets in Ontario, make Lindsay a popular destination for tourists year round.
  • Little Britain - This charming town is known as the 'Sports Capital' of the Kawarthas and is comprised of dairy farms and stands of hard Maple and towering Oaks. Established in 1834 by a man named Harrison Haight. Little Britain boasts a number of amenities including a restaurant, bakery, grocery store, and more.
  • Long Beach - The hamlet of Long Beach, which is part of Cameron and on Sturgeon Lake offers cottages, overnight & seasonal camp sites,  two boat launches, a general store with a full line of groceries and fishing & hunting licences, live bait & tackle & much more. Businesses include Lakeview Cottages & General Store, Long Beach Live Bait & Tackle, Long Beach Cottages, Long Beach Marina & Restaurant.
  • Long Point
  • Lorneville
  • Lotus
  • MacKenzie Point
  • Mallards Bay
  • Manilla - Manilla straddles the boundary between the City of Kawartha Lakes & Durham Region. The beginnings of present village was due to the Post Office that opened up here in 1837. For six years this was the only Post Office for the township. Soon afterwards the Bible Christians built a church, which was rebuilt of brick in 1871. The Presbyterians built in 1853, the Baptists in 1856, the Congregationalists in 1860, and the Methodists about 1870. A certain amount of trade and industry also gathered about this centre. In 1881 the village boasted a flour mill, run by steam because of the absence of waterpower, a rake factory, and half a dozen stores.
  • Manvers - The Township of Manvers was a municipality in the former Victoria County, now the city of Kawartha Lakes. From 1792 to 1974 Manvers Township was located in Durham County, which was united with Northumberland County in 1800 for administrative purposes. The township was officially established in 1816 and named in honour of Charles Pierrepont, 1st Earl Manvers. In 1974, an extensive re-organization of municipal administrative divisions took place. Durham County was separated from Northumberland County, renamed the Regional Municipality of Durham and in the process, Manvers Township was transferred to the County of Victoria.  Victoria County was dissolved and its municipalities and townships were amalgamated;becoming the City of Kawartha Lakes.
  • Mariposa Station
  • Mariposa - The Township of Mariposa was a municipality located in the southwest corner of the former Victoria County, now the city of Kawartha Lakes. The other municipal neighbours of Mariposa are Ops and Fenelon on the east, Eldon on the north, Brock on the west, and Scugog on the south, with the latter two located in the Durham Regional Municipality. The former township includes the communities of Little Britain, Manilla, Mariposa, Valentia, and Oakwood.
  • McCrackin's Beach
  • McGuire Beach
  • Mount Horeb (ghost town)
  • Newmans Beach
  • Norland - Located on the Gull River at the north end of Shadow Lake, Norland was originally called 'Nordland', the name was erroneously recorded by the Province without the "d" and became Norland. This remarkable town is marked by the granite that comprises the Canadian Shield and everywhere are the cedars and pines that are reminiscent of Group of Seven paintings. 
  • Oak Hill
  • Oakdene Point
  • Oakwood - The name of this lovely old town is derived from the heavy forest of oak that originally covered this area, stands of which can still be seen throughout lining streets and farmer's fields. Beautiful horse farms abound and notable attractions include the Oliver's Nest Golf & Country Club, Country Sampler Antiques and Farmers Daughter Boutique.
  • O'Donnell Landing
  • Omemee - Perhaps most famous as "the town in North Ontario" Neil Young sings about in his classic song "Helpless", Omemee gets its name from the Ojibwa word for "pigeon". Young spent his formative years here in this town on the banks of a river surrounded by hills and farmland. Also to be noted, John Mc Rae, a former resident of Omemee , crafted a number of replicas of pioneer homes and artifacts. His work was housed at the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) but is now located at the Museum of Heritage Services, Culture Division City of Toronto. With a population of 1,319, Omemee is situated close to Emily Provincial Park.
  • Orange Corners
  • Palestine
  • Pickerel Point
  • Pleasant Point - Originally a Summer Community on Sturgeon Lake near Lindsay.
  • Pontypool - In 1853, this town was named by settlers John Jennings, William Ridge Sr., and James Leigh after their native home in Pontypool, Wales. A thriving town in the days of the CP Rail line, Pontypool, with a population of 2,100, is a nature lover's paradise featuring the Fleetwood Conservation Area, the Ganaraska Forest, and the Black Diamond Golf & Country Club.
  • Port Hoover
  • Powles Corners
  • Ragged Rapids (ghost town) - Ragged Rapids was once a logging village located on the Black River in Dalton Township. Logging operations occurred as timber was sent down the river in the late 1800's. It had a post office. Other ghost towns in the area included: to the south, Uphill, Dartmoor and Horncastle; and to the SW, Sadowa. All had been rural post offices in the late 1800s. It has been estimated that Dalton has 25,000 acres of non-agricultural lands that are well adapted for reforestation.
  • Reaboro
  • Red Cap Beach
  • Rohallion
  • Rokeby
  • Rosedale - This town hosts Lock 35 on the Trent-Severn Waterway and was named in honour of John D. Cameron's wife, Rosa. Rosedale is as lovely as its name and is a convenient stop for travelers of the Trent-Severn with well equipped marinas to serve your every need. The town features the family owned and operated Balsam Resort, a vacation tradition for families for years.
  • Sadowa - The Township of Dalton was a municipality located in the northwest corner of the former Victoria County, now the city of Kawartha Lakes, in the Canadian province of Ontario. It was named after Dr. John Dalton (1766–1844), an English scientist who contributed to the foundations of atomic theory. Dalton had an extensive history in logging and colonization along the Old Monck Road (Kawartha Lakes 45). Several Ghost villages dot the former township, many of them old logging/farming communities from the late 19th century. These include Ragged Rapids and Dartmoor. Some have survived since the logging days and remain inhabited, including Sadowa, Sebright, and Uphill.
  • Sandy Point
  • Sebright - On the shores of Youngs Lake, this tiny town proves that size does not matter when it comes to charm. Dotted with delightful cottages and brimming with hospitality, this popular spot for the outdoor enthusiast offers everything from spectacular fishing on Youngs Lake to magnificent bird watching. Sebright offers a true cottage getaway.
  • Silver Lake
  • Snug Harbour
  • Southview Estates
  • St. Mary's - When the township of Bexley, Victoria County, now the city of Kawartha Lakes, was surveyed in the 1830s, St. Mary's was the first town site reserved in the newly surveyed area. It was to be built on the west shore of West Bay on Balsam Lake, at the end of the Portage Road. The Portage Road was an early colonization road following the route of the Indian portage between Lake Simcoe and Balsam Lake. Limestone was discovered lying about two inches deep in the soil of the town-to-be. Since no ditches or cellars could be dug, the site was quickly abandoned. The property of the reserved town site remained in the hands of the government for some time, until eventually being absorbed into the adjoining Laidlaw estate.
  • The Trent Canal reached Balsam lake in 1873. Continuation of the waterway to Lake Simcoe required the building of a canal to the Talbot River, which flows into Lake Simcoe. The former St. Mary's site was chosen as the starting point for the canal, which was dug westward through the rock to a swamp along the Grass River. The swamp was flooded, forming Mitchell Lake.
  • Sturgeon Point
  • Sullivan's Bay
  • Sylvan Glen Beach
  • Taylor's Corners
  • Tracey's Hill
  • Union Creek
  • Uphill
  • Valentia
  • Verulam Park - Verulam Park is a park in the city of Kawartha Lakes, Ontario located at the end of Concession IV on the north shore of Sturgeon Lake. It was given for the enjoyment of the people of the Verulam Township by Colonel McAlpine, who lived in a large mansion nearby. The site also has a boat launch and wharf provided by the Canada Department of Fisheries.
  • Victoria Place
  • View Lake - View Lake is a small village located in Ontario, Canada. It is situated on the boundary of the Regional Municipality of Durham and the city of Kawartha Lakes, on the southern shores of Lake Scugog. The village was unincorporated in Victoria County prior to the formation of the city of Kawartha Lakes in 2001, and continues to have a very small population. It contains two small parks, and in the past, contained a train stop near its general store. The train stop was burned down by firefighters because it condemned. (I guessing they needed something to do on a Friday Night.) View Lake has many attractions, including fishing, four-wheeling, biking and walking.
  • Washburn Island
  • Watson's Siding
  • Woodville - Eldridge Robinson Irish came to the area in 1832 with his wife Margaret Jane, and constructed the first house in the area.It was not long until the area near his house was called Irish Corners. With a population of 871, Woodville is home to Woodville Farms, and features annual Canada Day Celebrations, a Family Festival and an evening Santa Claus Parade. 2009 marks Woodville's 125th Anniversary. A mile-and-a-half to the east of Woodville is an auction barn which was opened in 1961 by Norman MacIntyre and his family.  It is now the only auction co-op in Canada.
  • Nearby communities of  Argyle and Lorneville are an antique hunters' paradise with attractions, such as a Mitchells Blacksmith Shop, the  Argyle General Store and the Lorneville Store Antiques.
  • Yelverton
  • Zion